Childcare & Parent - Nutrition
At Giraffe we provide varied and nutritionally balanced meals, freshly prepared by our own cooks each day in our own Health Board approved in-house kitchens. Our menus change each week and are clearly posted for parents to review.
- We use only ingredients of the highest quality, with every effort made to ensure low sodium and low sugar content.
- Full fat milk is served during the day. A low-fat or semi-skimmed milk option will be available at parents’ request for children over 2 years of age, who eat a varied diet.
- All Giraffe centres are fitted with Filtered Water Systems. Water is available to children throughout the day.
- Children will have access to fruit and bread if they are hungry between scheduled meal and snack times.
- Carers sit with the children when they eat their meals and snacks to encourage good eating habits, table manners, social skills and a positive approach to mealtimes.
- Parents of children on special diets will be asked to provide as much information as possible about suitable foods.
- Parents will be advised if their child is not eating well.