Childcare Assistant – Northern Cross, D17
Our crèche is located at Clarehall in Dublin 17, behind the Hilton hotel and across from Tesco supermarket, and accessible by many Dublin bus routes from the city centre. The closest DART train station to our centre is Howth junction and Donaghmede station.
What We Offer:
- A competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Continuous Personal Development (CPD) realised through our in house Giraffe Training Academy to ensure you reach your full potential
- Excellent promotional opportunities to advance your career to the next level
- Staff Benefits Package, which includes pension, extra holiday allowance, educational assistance & eligibility for childcare discount
- On-going staff reward and recognition for excellence throughout the year
If you are called for an interview. you will also have to complete a Garda Vetting form.
We are currently recruiting for Childcare Assistants across our Dublin centres caring for children from 6 months to 5 years. We have a number of positions available caring for the baby, toddler and pre-school age groups.
- To ensure a safe, secure and healthy environment for the care, safety and welfare of the children
- Provide for the holistic needs of the children
- Actively engage the children in developmentally appropriate learning activities to facilitate the potential development of each child.
- Promote and help maintain an organised, clean, safe, well equipped and culturally sensitive learning environment
- Observe and record children’s progress
- To communicate effectively with children, parents and staff alike.
- Meet established policies and procedures, creating an environment of best practice.
Qualifications & Experience
In order to be successful in this position the applicant must have:
- Minimum Fetac Level 5 in Childcare qualification or equivalent
- First Aid, Manual Handling and Food Safety Certified an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A desire to learn progressively throughout your career due to the nature of the industry
- Sincere and genuine love of children
We try our best to reply to every applicant, however occasionally due to the number of applicants we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not, please do feel free to send your CV again for future positions.