Childcare Assistant Elm Park
Our Elm Park crèche is located in Elm Park business park in the heart of a large residential area just off the Merrion Road with excellent transport links to the city. The centres is en route from Blackrock, Booterstown and en route to Donnybrook and Ballsbridge, as well as the city centre.
We are currently recruiting for Childcare Assistants across our Dublin centres caring for children from 6 months to 5 years. We have a number of positions available caring for the baby, toddler and pre-school age groups. The ideal candidate will:
- Ensure a safe, secure and healthy environment for the care, safety and welfare of the children
- Provide for the holistic needs of the children
- Actively engage the children in developmentally appropriate learning activities to facilitate the potential development of each child.
- Promote and help maintain an organised, clean, safe, well equipped and culturally sensitive learning environment
- Observe and record children’s progress
- Communicate effectively with children, parents and staff alike.
- Meet established policies and procedures, creating an environment of best practice.
What We Offer:
- A competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Continuous Personal Development (CPD) realised through our in house Giraffe Training Academy to ensure you reach your full potential
- Excellent promotional opportunities to advance your career to the next level
- Staff Benefits Package, which includes pension, extra holiday allowance, educational assistance & eligibility for childcare discount
- On-going staff reward and recognition for excellence throughout the year
If you are called for an interview. you will also have to complete a Garda Vetting form.
Qualifications & Experience
In order to be successful in this position the applicant must have:
- Minimum Fetac Level 5 in Childcare qualification or equivalent
- First Aid, Manual Handling and Food Safety Certified an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A desire to learn progressively throughout your career due to the nature of the industry
- Sincere and genuine love of children
We try our best to reply to every applicant, however occasionally due to the number of applicants we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not, please do feel free to send your CV again for future positions