Community Childcare Scheme (CCS)
Giraffe Childcare offers affordable Crèche places under the Community Childcare Scheme (CCS) operated by the Department of Children and Youth Affairs (DCYA). We provide access to reduced rate childcare, for parents in receipt of social welfare/low incomes.
How is Childcare Reduced? Who is Eligible?
If you are a parent who is on a low income, is in school, job training or currently in receipt of a social welfare payment then you may be eligible for assistance with your childcare costs.
Parents on the following supports will qualify :
- Medical card
- One Parent Family Payment
- Illness/ Injury Benefit or Disability allowance
- Carer’s Benefit/Allowance
- Family Income Supplement (FIS)
- Job Seekers Benefit/ Allowance
- Secondary School students
- Widows/Widowers/Invalidity/State Pension
- Tus Payment
- Community Employment/Back to Work Allowance
- Springboard/ETB/Solas Students
How to Apply
If you are in receipt of one or more of the above Social Welfare payments, and wish to enquire about a crèche place for your child, please call us on 01 – 4430883 or contact us here.
We will require copies of your government support letter and medical cards, together with dates of birth and PPS numbers.
How much does it cost?
The cost of the childcare place to the family , will depend on which funding band the parent qualifies for. The cost to the family for their creche place, will be €50 per week for those on Band A, or €95 per week, those on Band AJ.
For example, if a family has a medical card and is in receipt of One Family Payment, or Family Income Supplement (FIS), generally they will qualify for Band A and their childcare cost will be reduced to €50 per week.
Other Government Childcare schemes:
- Community Childcare Scheme (CCS)
- Training and Employment Childcare scheme (TEC – formerly CETS)
- Community Employment Childcare (CEC)
- Early Childhood Care and Education Scheme (ECCE)
- After-School Child Care programme (ASCC)