Training and Employment Childcare (TEC) Programmes
Giraffe Childcare offers the following Government funded Childcare schemes:
- Training and Employment Childcare scheme (TEC – formerly CETS)
- Community Employment Childcare (CEC)
- Community Childcare Scheme (CCS)
- After-School Child Care programme (ASCC)
1. Training and Employment Childcare scheme (TEC – formerly CETS)
Giraffe Childcare offers funded childcare services under the TEC programme for ETB/VTOS/Solas and Momentum students in its locations across the greater Dublin area.The objective of the TEC Programmes is to support parents on eligible training courses and eligible categories of parents returning to work, by providing funded childcare places.
If you have applied for an ETB training programme, you may qualify for a free childcare place under the government Training and Employment Childcare (TEC) scheme. The allocation of places under the scheme is managed by the Department of Children and Youth Affairs, via the City and County Childcare Committees (CCC’s).
In order to book a childcare place in any of our crèches settings, we will require a letter from your course co-ordinator confirming that you are eligible for a TEC place. The letter should also outline the start date and finish date of the course. There is an additional charge where a child is less than 12 months old or is attending afterschool provision. Giraffe will manage the application process on your behalf.
2. Community Employment Childcare (CEC)
Crèche places for Community Employment Participants – Government Funded CEC Scheme. The CEC programme provides subsidised part time crèche places (up to 19.5hours per week) for Community Employment participants. In order to book a place, you will require a letter from your sponsor confirming that you are eligible for a childcare place.
3. Community Childcare Scheme (CCS)
If you are currently availing of one or more of the following supports, you may qualify for a reduced cost childcare place under the government Community Childcare Scheme (CCS):
- Medical card
- One Parent Family Payment
- Illness/ Injury Benefit or Disability allowance
- Carer’s Benefit/Allowance
- Family Income Supplement (FIS)
- Job Seekers Benefit/ Allowance
- Secondary School students
- Widows/Widowers/Invalidity/State Pension
- Tus Payment
- Community Employment/Back to Work Allowance
- Springboard/ETB/Solas Students
In order to apply for this childcare scheme we will require copies of your government support letter and medical cards, together with dates of birth and pps numbers.
4. After-School Child Care programme (ASCC)
The ASCC is administered on behalf of the Department of Social Protection (DSP) and provides afterschool care for primary school children for certain categories of working parents and parents on DSP employment programmes (not including Community Employment).
If you would like to know more about how you might avail of a childcare place under any of these government schemes, please contact us at (01) 245 0935 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.