Parental agreement for working together during Covid-19
Our priority is about your child’s health and well-being in our care. This agreement sets out how we will work in partnership with you during Covid-19.
Ways of working:
We will maintain a high standard of infection control and we would appreciate your support and co-operation with the changes to our arrival and collection procedure and request that you do not enter past the main reception. To prevent cross-contamination, we are unable to store children’s buggies/trikes/scooters or car seats within the centres. These can be brought to the centre but must be taken home with parent after drop-off.
To effectively manage the operations of each of our centres, our hours have been adjusted slightly to allow us to maintain the pod system in our centres. By operating a pod system, the spread of Covid-19 is minimised and it allows for the safe movement of staff and children in the centre enabling the staff and children to arrive and leave the setting together as movement of staff and children to other rooms is not allowed. As before, we will continue to operate a key carer system. We will continue to communicate any further change with you as it arises.
We will always ensure a friendly welcome on arrival/collection. Upon arrival, there will be a warm welcome for your child, a short handover, temperature taking and then your child will be escorted to their play pod to their key carer and will have their hands washed. Again, on collection we ask you ring the main buzzer and wait while we bring your child to you.
Note: Children or staff who are 38⁰C or above are not allowed to attend the centre for a minimum of 24 hours up to 48 hours or until they are well enough to return to the centre. Please refer the HSPC guidance
We understand that some of the changes may create worries, but we will keep in regular communication with you each day to let you know how your child is. Please share any information with us about your child is as this will help us engage and comfort your child. During the day we will take photos and will do our best to share these with you regularly.
We have considered in detail how we can enable normal development and interactions for our children, so we have made changes to the way we operate and implemented public health guidelines. Your child’s wellbeing and happiness is very important to us, so we have kept things as familiar as possible for them inside the building. We have made small changes to some of our activities, but our curriculum and ethos will remain normal while ensuring all safety procedures are followed.
All our staff have been trained and inducted in the necessary Covid-19 changes and are looking forward to welcoming your child back, seeing and hearing about all the achievements and fun activities they have been up to over the past few months.
Key operational changes:
- Children with a temperature of 38 degrees or over will not be accepted in the centre to ensure the well-being of other children and staff in the centre.
- If a child develops a high temperature of 38 or above whilst at crèche, we will ask that they are collected within 45 minutes of being called and remain at home for a minimum of 24 hours.
- If your child has a runny nose, they may attend creche, in line with the guidance issue by HPSC, but must remain at home if they have any other symptoms or have been in contact with a suspected case of Covid.
- We will only administer Calpol/Nurofen to children under 15 months who are teething or for those children who are at risk of a febrile convulsion.
- We will be operating from 8am to 5.30pm until the end of September 2020 and from the 1st October 2020, we will operate from 8-6pm.
- Buggies, strollers, trikes and car seats cannot be accommodated in our centres for health and safety reasons.
- We are politely requesting that parents wear face covers at drop off and collection times.