Delicious Spring Vegetable Pasta Bake
Tuesday, March 31st, 2020
This delicious spring time dinner is a quick and easy dinner for all to enjoy. It is a great way to introduce lots of yummy vegetables. We hope you enjoy this as much as all the children do at our centres.
- penne pasta,
- garlic cloves,
- ground & fresh coriander,
- ground cumin,
- garam masala,
- chopped tomatoes,
- black pepper.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets. Put into a large pan, cover with cold water and bring up to boil to part cook it.
- Take off the heat straight away, drain well and keep warm in the pan.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions, peppers, celery, garlic and sauté for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the small amount ground coriander, turmeric, cumin, and some pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes with their juice and the lentils.
- Stir well, then add the cooked cauliflower.
- Pour in enough cold water to almost cover everything and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the cauliflower is tender.
- Stir in the cooked penne pasta, garam masala and half the chopped coriander and place in the oven for additional 10 minutes and serve.