Information required for National Childcare Scheme (NCS) subsidy
- There are two types of subsidy available under the NCS:
- Universal Subsidy – available for all children under 3 years old
- Income Assessed Subsidy – available for children between 24 weeks and 15 years this is calculated and means tested based on your individual circumstances
- For guidance on which subsidy to apply for please go to https://www.ncs.gov.ie/en/childcare-subsidy-calculator-input
- To apply for the NCS subsidy you will need a basic MyGovID account and a Public Services Card with a verified mobile phone number.
- Once the application is approved, you will receive an NCS award via email which will contain a unique code for your child, called CHICK code along with the award details.
- After Giraffe receives the CHICK number from you and we register it, you need to validate the claim in order to activate payment of the subsidy.
- A full step-by-step guide can be found here https://www.ncs.gov.ie/en/how-to-apply
- Please provide your child’s details AND CHICK number so that we can commence the registration process. It is important that all the names are spelled exactly as they appear on your NCS registration.